Hiring an Event Planner is like hiring a personal stylist. You only get out of it what your willing to bear. This means that we can not create the event of your dreams out of thin air. I as an event planner like to do my research on my clients find their style and aesthetic so I can better put together an event they may enjoy, but at the end of the day I can only do so much without the client telling me what they want. Here a few steps I have for making your event planner your best friend (AKA making their job easier.)
- Be honest about your budget
- We are here to give you your best event for whatever your budget is, we do not judge you or care what your personal budget is. It is only a problem when you tell us a budget that is higher than what you can afford and then last minute we are cancelling different things. This is stressful for you and you are not getting what you want out of your event because we did not know ahead of time.
- Be honest about your “Hard Yeses” and “Hard No’s”
- We use the term hard yeses and no’s because that’s what they are. These are the little things that may seem insignificant but really make the difference for how you interpret the event. Say the only thing you really care about with your event is having a pink unicorn balloon, tell us never think any detail is too small or insignificant because if it is a small detail you see when you imagine your event then that’s important to you. Same goes with no’s we don’t want you to compromise something just because of our suggestions just be open and honest about what you want and we can work hard to make those things happen.
- Communication. Communication. Communication
- Open communication. Event planners love communication. Let us know what you are thinking we don’t care if it’s 2am in the morning and you send us an email asking about the status of the venue. We need to always have an open wave of communication. This will help build that relationship between client and planner and develop trust that this event will be amazing.
- Yes, this is our job and most of the time we are doing this for a paycheck, BUT we are in this profession because we care about our clients and the work we do. We want to trust that our clients are being open and honest with everything they want in their event and we want our clients to trust that we have their best interest in mind.
- We understand how much you want your event to be perfect so choosing every color, flower, and food is important. Planners love decisiveness. Going with your first mind and having back up options. It makes our jobs so much easier and we can spend more time perfecting your event.
With these 5 simple steps you can make your event planner your best friend and can have the best event ever! Don’t forget to follow us on our social media and send us an email with any inquiries you have about an event you are looking to plan. email@example.com
Facebook: Life’s Sweet Moments